News:

LOGS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS!

Main Menu

Extra Voice Sets for Download by MaVe

Started by MaVe64, 03 April, 2016, 14:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadriver

@ the link .... click on "click here for voices !" to open marcels google drive.
cheers
john martin

greycap

We know that.  Only the previous files appear.  See attached.

MaVe64

Quote from: vadriver on 20 September, 2016, 00:56:38 AM
@ the link .... click on "click here for voices !" to open marcels google drive.

Everything seems alright on my end. John does it work for you?
Did you try to refresh the page, maybe your PC has an old cached page.
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!
www.mavecreations.weebly.com

greycap

Yes, have refreshed both the weebly.com page (where the new voices are shown) and the Google Drive page (where they are NOT shown).

Since starting to write this I've found the solution.

I deleted the old Shared folder from Google Drive and then downloaded again in weebly.com.  I now see the new voicepacks and it looks as though they've downloaded.

Refreshing isn't enough, you must delete the Share and reload it anew.

Thanks for your work on these new voices.

polymerman

Thanks Marcel for the new UK voices! Keep up the great work!
Regards,
Rich Quinn

[url="http://www.ureach.com/polymerman"]http://www.ureach.com/polymerman[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_zeEUvH6_33EI0tuBTfRw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_zeEUvH6_33EI0tuBTfRw[/url]

MaVe64

Quote from: polymerman on 21 September, 2016, 00:52:46 AM
Thanks Marcel for the new UK voices! Keep up the great work!

Yep, you're next.
Marcel Verheydt

Pete Dowson

I'm puzzled. I've downloaded your new voices from your website and copied the new folders into the ProATC Sound folder, but they don't show up in the Sound lists for Pilots or Controllers in ProATC/X. I seem to be missing a step somewhere. Can you help, please?

[LATER]
Aha! Looking at the log I see ProATC/X appears to be rejecting them due to missing WAV files. I guess more have been added in the latest Beta. So it looks I can't use your additions yet. :-(

Pete

Regards
Peter Dowson
--------------------
Biddulph, England

vadriver

pete

does a missing file (or more) stop all being heard ?
cheers
john martin

Steve

Due to constant changes the current 'BETA' versions are set to disable sound files that don't comply and can lead to issues at this time.

MaVe64

Sound files that don't comply? Didn't know I produce those ...  ::) ;D
Marcel Verheydt

Pete Dowson

Quote from: Stephen on 21 September, 2016, 13:42:05 PM
Due to constant changes the current 'BETA' versions are set to disable sound files that don't comply and can lead to issues at this time.

Ah, I see. That explains it.

Actually I see they aren't missing wave files, but differences in the XML file in those folders. The wave files are actually there.

I hope we can start using the improved and extra voices again soon!

Pete
Regards
Peter Dowson
--------------------
Biddulph, England

Pete Dowson

Quote from: vadriver on 21 September, 2016, 13:16:06 PM
does a missing file (or more) stop all being heard ?

Actually on checking further the files aren't missing, but the XML file has differences in the latest Sound Beta. The voices simply don't appear in the menu for selection.

Seems I'll need to wait until the next proper release is ready, when I hope we will again be allowed to expand and improve the voices ... unless I can somehow make them "comply"?

Pete
Regards
Peter Dowson
--------------------
Biddulph, England

MaVe64

Ah... Probably because I used different VoiceID names in the _voiceinfo.xml file. Every voice has it's unique VoiceID, and originally this was 2 characters long, 'XX'. I made a numbering system with 4 characters, the first 2 corresponding to the accent. The last 2 counts from 01 to 99 so the ID is unique. Even number = controller, uneven= pilot. I have done this so hopefully in the future PATC can select the appropriate voice.

Like this:

US   01XX   US
UK   02XX   UK
AU   03XX   AU
D   04XX   German
NL   05XX   Dutch
F   06XX   French
SN   07XX   Scandinavian
RU   08XX   Russian/Eastern Europe
ES   09XX   Spanish
ME   10XX   Middle East
IT     11XX       Italian

So for instance, 0403 would be a German pilot.
Marcel Verheydt

vadriver

pete

are all voices not showing .. PATC's & Marcel's .... or just Marcel's latest UK's ?

& is it the proatcx.xml with the differences ?
cheers
john martin

Pete Dowson

Quote from: vadriver on 22 September, 2016, 09:22:06 AM
pete

are all voices not showing .. PATC's & Marcel's .... or just Marcel's latest UK's ?

& is it the proatcx.xml with the differences ?

None show at all if I use my previously updated SOUND folder -- the one with all the sound level improvements and corrected airline call signs.

If I use the folder as supplied in the update then I just get those showing. If I add the new voices from MaVe those don't show and the log lists complaints which I originally thought were missing Wave files, but they are not. I think it's because the _voiceinfo (? correct?) XML files in those folders are either missing new parameters or have other differences.

Guess I'll have to wait until the new release is available to MaVe, unless he can be put on the Beta team.

Pete
Regards
Peter Dowson
--------------------
Biddulph, England