Welcome to the new forum of Pro ATC

Main Menu

Extra Voice Sets for Download by MaVe

Started by MaVe64, 03 April, 2016, 14:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaVe64

Project name: Extended Voice Library

Hey guys,
Here's an update on the status. After some 100 hours spent on updating the call signs in the VoiceRec Tool, I can say it's looking good.
But I have good and bad news: The good news is a shit load of call signs are now recognized by PATC so with the new voice packs the airliners will be announced by their correct call sign! The bad news is that 730 call signs must be spoken-in  :o. Oh well, I must say it wasn't as hard as I thought to do. They are short names, so when you get handy with the tool, you can go real fast. Did it in half an hour  8). After testing, everything goes well, there will always be some call signs not in the list, but 730 must be enough I think.
The number of "voice actor" volunteers is now 36. For more detail, see the site.
If we don't have enough voices I'm researching a method to convert a set to a different set (female for instance), and I must say it's sounding not bad at all!
Cheers!

Note :
All posts from topic Is this guy legit? after the date 02 April, 2016 has been merged with this topic !!

Forum Moderator
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!
www.mavecreations.weebly.com

MaVe64

I wanted to attach a mp3 file with some ATC at Dubai. But it's too large.

Idea for the developer (if possible): in case of no call sign wav file available, the use of flightnummer.wav (will be in the new sound files). So when no call sign present you will hear: "Ground Control, request taxi to parking, flightnumber 123". It's better than nothing....
And I will add "heavy" to the sounds so this can be added after the call sign when needed: "Lufthansa 1015 heavy, on final, runway nine zero".
Marcel Verheydt

vadriver

Quote from: MaVe64 on 03 April, 2016, 21:54:23 PM
"Lufthansa 1015 heavy, on final, runway nine zero".

marcel

you must be drinking too much coffee .... or was the crew tired after a long haul across the atlantic !

looking forward to using the latest tool & hoping the PATC voice team can upgrade their airline calls as appropriate (for users to copy & paste into the current folders).

are you in the mood for tweaking the sector names as well (eg oakland is not spelt oackland). others may have missing ones or similarly misspelt wav files (which stops the sector name being said) ... and can let you know.
cheers
john martin

MaVe64

Quote from: vadriver on 04 April, 2016, 00:49:38 AM

you must be drinking too much coffee .... or was the crew tired after a long haul across the atlantic !

LOL, at least someone is paying attention. Runway 90, you know, that's runway 06 but flown from the other side  ;)

As for the sector names, i've seen this too, but it's probably hard-coded in PATC. So what I do is copy the file to both names, just to make sure it's spoken out.
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe64

Come on people from Italy/Greece, Middle East, China/Korea and Phillipines/Indonesia! Where are you? Need your voice!  :D

http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voice-speak-in-survey.html
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe64

Hey,

Thought I would share the call sign list before it comes live. Let me know if your favorite airline isn't on it, or if you find any mistakes. I think it's missing some cargo airlines btw.

Good luck!

And oh, these are the Radio Call Signs, so don't expect names like British Airways or Aer Lingus on it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Marcel Verheydt

shanestrong

some missed and old Canada ones:  those with a * before them are not around anymore but would be nice to be included for those that still fly them
also in your list is porter air and it should just be porter
buffalo
borek
bearskin
air inuit
EVAS
*zoom
*elite
*roy
*Canadian
*Canadian regional
pasco
discovery
cree

MaVe64

Well, time to get this show on the road. I have some voice sets back for final testing, and here is a taste of the first result spoken in by Vadriver, and I must say, quite impressive! Only drawback is editing takes me still more than half a day per voice. It's all about precise timing.

http://10762233-788450981877337874.preview.editmysite.com/uploads/1/0/7/6/10762233/aussie_atc.wav

So, it's in a final testing phase, before you all can download the VoiceRec tool.

Cheers
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe64

Hmmm, not much response here.  ??? Hope it's not because nobody's interested...  :-\
Some Feedback is always welcome.
Marcel Verheydt

shanestrong

Can't wait to see it, and record with it, my wife is offwork for a bit so I can get her to do a voice set too, French Canadian
thanks for all your hard work
Shane

MaVe64

Started a new thread with a proper subject name.  8)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Voice Recording Tool
Well, time to get this show on the road. I have some voice sets back for final testing, and here is a taste of the first result spoken in by Vadriver, and I must say, great voice addition! Imagine hearing your Qantas ai on PATC with this great accent. :) Thanks Vadriver!
Only drawback is editing takes me still more than half a day per voice. It's all about precise timing.

http://10762233-788450981877337874.preview.editmysite.com/uploads/1/0/7/6/10762233/aussie_atc.wav

So, it's in a final testing phase, before you all can download the recording tool.

Also I still don't have a decent method for you to upload the recorded files, best would be if the original uploading method in the tool could be used! A few clicks and it's sent. But then I don't have access to the files. The location it's sent to I can't alter.
So please dev, help me with this.
Other option would be for everyone to send via yousendit or wetransfer to me, the zipped file is about 125 MB, too large for email.

Tell me your ideas on this, Cheers!
Marcel Verheydt

vadriver

marcel

firstly, vadriver = velocity (not QFA) !

but all, contribute to marcel's initiative to grow PATX's voiceset options.

as much as PATX is a great "manage" of ATC, it can only thrive if we all add our voices for others to hear & populate the skies !
cheers
john martin

Jarkko

Thanks for the update! Hopefully will be able to try this at some point.
Regards
Jarkko Puustinen

MaVe64

Quote from: Jarkko on 18 May, 2016, 15:23:51 PM
Thanks for the update! Hopefully will be able to try this at some point.

Thanks Jarkko, and thanks for the effort you made allready!
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe64

Quote from Ceram:

I myself am eagerly waiting for most of all better voices made by English and US professional actors. Some of the homemade voices from ATC are sometimes hard to understand with the german accents. And yes, I have tried them all.

I'm afraid you can wait for a looooong time. But that's why I want to help, don't need professional actors for good understandable sounds. And, professional actors don't know anything about how things are said in aviation  :P
Listen to above sound by Vadriver, sounds very clear and understandable! Coming very soon!

And yeah, An update once a year would be ok for a major update. But I think small fixes and updates should be much sooner! Apparently the dev doesn't want to have the best ATC addon on the market.  :(
Marcel Verheydt