News:

Check the FAQ for known issues before posting!

Main Menu

Extra Voice Sets for Download by MaVe

Started by MaVe64, 03 April, 2016, 14:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaVe64

Peter, check out my last post. You can always edit the _voiceinfo.xml file of my voices to a UNIQUE 2-character number. Guess it will work then. Watch out you don't use an ID twice, so make a list of all the ID's.
For instance, change all the voiceid="0301" lines with voiceid="35" assuming 35 isn't used yet.
I hope they will make my numbering work again in the final release, because it is a good way to have the program select the appropriate voice by accent, and it's more orderly that way.
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!
www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Pete Dowson

Quote from: MaVe64 on 22 September, 2016, 11:19:15 AM
Peter, check out my last post. You can always edit the _voiceinfo.xml file of my voices to a UNIQUE 2-character number. Guess it will work then. Watch out you don't use an ID twice, so make a list of all the ID's.
For instance, change all the voiceid="0301" lines with voiceid="35" assuming 35 isn't used yet.

Okay. Actually I printed that message for reference and will be trying to work it out, maybe over this weekend. (got an update for FSUIPC to release beforehand).

Thanks.
Pete
Regards
Peter Dowson
--------------------
Biddulph, England

vadriver

Quote from: Pete Dowson on 22 September, 2016, 12:28:52 PM
....... got an update for FSUIPC to release

forever the #1 priority for all !

thanks for your time here & with fsuipc.
cheers
john martin

greycap

I've used all the new voices for my last couple of flights and they are a big step forward.  Thanks to Marcel and all the contributors.  Just a few more and there will be enough variety to delete all the old ones which don't have all the current vocabulary and particularly the callsigns.

However, they do show up a weakness in ProATC itself: it may be asking too much to allocate nationalities to the voices used by particular control centres and airlines but I have heard examples of the same voice being used by an AI pilot and the controller he's talking to, so that it sounds like someone talking to himself. 

If you are working with the software authors Marcel, perhaps you could press for this to be fixed in a future update.

Also, and this is down to us, wouldn't some female voices be fantastic  in this day and age?  Any volunteers?

Silkyman

Been away for a few days so not been able to post,
Just wanted to say I finally got the uk voices downloaded thanks to greycap advice, I must say it's strange hearing your own voice in flight sim but marcel you are doing a great job. Thanks, and any assistance I can give let me know as I have my own home recording studio.

Quote from: greycap on 24 September, 2016, 13:14:33 PM
Also, and this is down to us, wouldn't some female voices be fantastic  in this day and age?  Any volunteers?

Just waiting for my Scottish girlfriend to get a day off work and will be recording her...hope you can understand her......
Daniel Smith
EGPF

MaVe64

but I have heard examples of the same voice being used by an AI pilot and the controller he's talking to, so that it sounds like someone talking to himself. 
You always can choose which voices you use for pilots and which for controllers.

If you are working with the software authors Marcel, perhaps you could press for this to be fixed in a future update.
Nope unfortunately not, feels like they are not interested in my work. Never had any feedback.  :(
Marcel Verheydt

greycap

That's concerning because as you go around the forums, I suppose the two negatives that crop up most often are:

1) Compliance with US procedures - that's a commercial opportunity for the authors but something that personally I don't know about and doesn't concern me and

2) The limited and mismatched vocabulary - which is exactly what you've tried to address. 

vadriver

Quote from: Pete Dowson on 22 September, 2016, 12:28:52 PM
Actually I printed that message for reference and will be trying to work it out, maybe over this weekend.

pete

have you had that chance to do any research on this !!
cheers
john martin

MaVe64

Guys, I'm sorry to say,

the new voice sets won't be working in the new update. They added some sound files, so now it sees the new sets as incomplete and incompatible.  If only they had told me they were adding stuff when I asked... :(

Marcel
Marcel Verheydt

vadriver

Quote from: MaVe64 on 04 October, 2016, 10:36:35 AM
the new voice sets won't be working in the new update. They added some sound files, so now it sees the new sets as incomplete and incompatible.  If only they had told me they were adding stuff when I asked... :(

& apart from repeating regularily the voiceset review would be after the update .... !!

i'm not updating, can't see a tangible benefit in the update so will enjoy the current till ... and besides, i am not convinced that this CRDWP vector works !!
cheers
john martin

nealmac

That's really too bad Marcel. After all the work you've put into this project that's a really big blow to take. I find it extremely difficult to understand the lack of support you've received for this project. It's no secret the the limited chatter, accents and even callsigns are a big downside to ProATC. Surely it could only make sense that Point Software would welcome you on board in order to help out.
Regards,
Neal McCullough

MadDog

Before this discussion goes any further, I want to jump in and let everyone know that while Marcel's voice sets will not work with the new version at first... that doesn't mean they can't be adapted to work.  It will take a little effort to "fix" them; but they will definitely be fixable!  I've been using my own custom sets with the beta for over 6 months... so I know a little bit about what it takes  ;).  AFTER the new version is released, I'll be happy to work with Marcel and provide some guidance.  All is NOT lost !!!  :) :) :)

For anyone considering NOT upgrading... I can tell you as a former real-world controller... you'll be missing out on a lot of major improvements!!!
Marc Schrier (MD)

nealmac

That's great to hear Marc. I hope it's not too much work for you and Marcel.
Regards,
Neal McCullough

MaVe64

Quote from: MadDog on 04 October, 2016, 15:41:39 PM
Before this discussion goes any further, I want to jump in and let everyone know that while Marcel's voice sets will not work with the new version at first... that doesn't mean they can't be adapted to work.  It will take a little effort to "fix" them; but they will definitely be fixable!  I've been using my own custom sets with the beta for over 6 months... so I know a little bit about what it takes  ;).  AFTER the new version is released, I'll be happy to work with Marcel and provide some guidance.  All is NOT lost !!!  :) :) :)

For anyone considering NOT upgrading... I can tell you as a former real-world controller... you'll be missing out on a lot of major improvements!!!

Of course not all is lost and it can be fixed. It's just that making these sets takes a lot of energy and time. I wasn't expecting to have to  jump back fixing the one's I've done already. I have a list of the missing files, just don't know what the words/sentences are yet. In the worst case the 'actors' will have to speak-in new words.
I bet you can always trick the program by adding the missed files by blank wav's, but then you would be missing out on these new ones.

So hope you guys have the patience, as this is going to delay new voices.

Marcel
Marcel Verheydt

nealmac

Well I for one can wait as long as it takes. I'm just happy to hear that you're willing to carry on the project :)
Regards,
Neal McCullough