News:

Check the FAQ for known issues before posting!

Main Menu

Extra Voice Sets for Download by MaVe

Started by MaVe64, 03 April, 2016, 14:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanestrong

I am around  if my voice set needs updating better mic now to do it with  ;D

MrSpeaker

Hey guys if anyone is thinking of doing anymore voice sets could you please include Porter airlines POE and WestJet Encore 😀

newtie

Hi-

I'm trying to add new voice sets. Apparently there are several ways to do this but none seem to work.

Extract Zip > root ProATC, nothing.

Manually extract > move name (US-DREW) to sound folder, nothing appears in voices .

I using the latest version of Pro ATC

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Jones

bobsk8

Quote from: newtie on 26 May, 2018, 21:10:29 PM
Hi-

I'm trying to add new voice sets. Apparently there are several ways to do this but none seem to work.

Extract Zip > root ProATC, nothing.

Manually extract > move name (US-DREW) to sound folder, nothing appears in voices .

I using the latest version of Pro ATC

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

You have to move the sound folder into the patc directory. Inside the sound folder are the sub folders/ controllers and pilots, and then more sub folders with country and names. This will all set up automatically, when you copy and paste the sound folder in to the patc main directory and tell it to overwrite.
Bob Cardone

goshob

Hi Bob,
Can you please explain this a bit more precise? What exactly has to be done with the voice set got from a third party?
The new ProATC-X version 1.9.2.5 has no more option to chose a third party voice in the sound tab. It comes with own sound folder and moving it from one place to other may only create unnecessary difficulties especially to users, who are not so deep in computers.
Regards: Georgi Bonchin

Even the most sophisticated invention created by men can be easily damaged by another man :)

vadriver

georgi

great by-line to your signature ..... so true !

but on topic  ..... are you referring to MAVE voicesets as Bob is (i think ?) as your so called 3rd party voicesets.

there are other ways to compile a voiceset which he may or may not be familiar with ... and import them to PATC.
cheers
john martin

bobsk8

Quote from: goshob on 27 May, 2018, 10:30:18 AM
Hi Bob,
Can you please explain this a bit more precise? What exactly has to be done with the voice set got from a third party?
The new ProATC-X version 1.9.2.5 has no more option to chose a third party voice in the sound tab. It comes with own sound folder and moving it from one place to other may only create unnecessary difficulties especially to users, who are not so deep in computers.

Tale one voice at a time, I will use my voice. When you download it and unzip you get this folder structure

sound/controllers/US/Bob/ bob's wave files
         /pilots/US/Bob/ bob's wave files

All you have to do is take the sound folder ( the one on the left above) and copy and paste it into the Pro ATC X folder. When you do that, it will ask you if you want to overwrite any folders and files and you select overwrite... That's it. Doesn't get any simper than that.

When you are finished with that first sound set, you can then to into PATC/Sound/ Pilots/US/Bob, and you will see all the wave files for bob.
Bob Cardone

goshob

Quote from: vadriver on 27 May, 2018, 13:13:24 PM
georgi

great by-line to your signature ..... so true !

but on topic  ..... are you referring to MAVE voicesets as Bob is (i think ?) as your so called 3rd party voicesets.

there are other ways to compile a voiceset which he may or may not be familiar with ... and import them to PATC.

Hi,
Yes I was referring basically to MAVE voices in this particular post. The subject can be made much wider of course and would be very good if you decide to share what other ways for compiling voices, as you stated.

Even the most sophisticated invention created by men can be easily damaged by another man :)

goshob

Quote from: bobsk8 on 27 May, 2018, 13:25:04 PM

Tale one voice at a time, I will use my voice. When you download it and unzip you get this folder structure

sound/controllers/US/Bob/ bob's wave files
         /pilots/US/Bob/ bob's wave files

All you have to do is take the sound folder ( the one on the left above) and copy and paste it into the Pro ATC X folder. When you do that, it will ask you if you want to overwrite any folders and files and you select overwrite... That's it. Doesn't get any simper than that.

When you are finished with that first sound set, you can then to into PATC/Sound/ Pilots/US/Bob, and you will see all the wave files for bob.

Hi Bob,
This was a perfect explanation. Thank you!
I was presuming a similar structure, but was doing it in a much longer way. :)
My next question is how a particular pilot / controller voice can be used? The menu structure of PATC was changed and all these voice sets are coming under the DATA section.
Thank you!

Thorsten Kirchheim

Huh ... Awesome work ... I just wanted to say Thank you to you, Mave, as well as the people donating their Voices to the community ...

Good job,
Folks

UAL4life

This is the only thing that PF3 beats PATC hand over fist, would it be helpful if I maybe hired voice actors needed?
Abdul Afia

polymerman

Hello Abdul
Please excuse me but I do not understand what you mean by:

Quote from: UAL4life on 11 July, 2018, 10:26:56 AM
would it be helpful if I maybe hired voice actors needed?

Could you please explain further?
Regards,
Rich Quinn

[url="http://www.ureach.com/polymerman"]http://www.ureach.com/polymerman[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_zeEUvH6_33EI0tuBTfRw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_zeEUvH6_33EI0tuBTfRw[/url]

nabrams62

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for the work you are doing with the voice sets.  I've read that you've got plenty of US Voice sets.  I still would like to record mine with my New Yawk City accent.  :)  (Shouldn't be too bad if I don't have to record asking a flight attendant for coffee)

If I decide to make the effort, does that mean I will have to wait a very long time to hear the (cringe) sound of my own voice as pilot?

Also, I'm somewhat proficient with sound processing tools.  Are you looking to volunteers to get the tools you're utilizing and assist you in getting the processing the recordings?  I may be willing and able to offer some assistance.

Thanks,
Neal
----
Neal Abrams

KEWR      

FSX-SE, ProAtcX, ASN, GSX, PMDG 737/777, Aerosoft A318,A319,A320,A321

Disclaimer:
No souls, aircraft, ground equipment, or property were lost, injured, or damaged during the simulation of any flight.

Airbus330-200

If planning to use the ekstra voices - and using PROATC on a client computer ..

Do I have to install voices on main or Client computer folder of PRO ATC ?

Christian Sass :)

moskito-x

Quote from: Airbus330-200 on 30 July, 2018, 14:20:17 PM
If planning to use the ekstra voices - and using PROATC on a client computer ..

Do I have to install voices on main or Client computer folder of PRO ATC ?

If you use ProATcX on the Client, of course you have to install on the client !!

Do you use both ProAtcX at the same time ??

Thomas
Regards

PRO-ATC/X  BETA Team