News:

Check the FAQ for known issues before posting!

Main Menu

WAV and MP3

Started by Terblanche, 31 October, 2022, 21:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terblanche

Won't you consider for a future update to change the sound format for voices from WAV to MP3 please?
The reason is simple ― to SAVE diskspace. With all the addons for MSFS and our SSD diskspace limited.
Plus, I have a huge collection of ATC voices from all over the world and they are all in MP3 format. It's easy to convert but boy-oh-boy the file sizes are enormous in WAV format.
Will be much appreciated if this could be possible.
Regards from Cape Town
Terblanche
Regards
Terblanche Jordaan
FACT

jwyman

You could install Pro ATC to another drive a free up space... In this day and age of terabyte storage, it becomes sort of a moot point.
Jim Wyman
Prepar3d V 4.5, FTX/ORBX Base/Vector/LCs, AS For P3D V4.5, PRO ATC-X, REX Sky Force 3D, GSX2

Terblanche

;) already on anther drive, but 200MB of mp3 ATC files, has now become more that 1GB of WAV files.
That's the dilemma of WAV format.
Regards
Terblanche Jordaan
FACT

jwyman

Are these the pilot/controller voices? Not sure why someone would need so many...
Jim Wyman
Prepar3d V 4.5, FTX/ORBX Base/Vector/LCs, AS For P3D V4.5, PRO ATC-X, REX Sky Force 3D, GSX2

Terblanche

Since the inception of ProATC I've collected and created a library of background ATC voices from all over the world. I have different profiles for Africa, East and West Europe, Oceania, South and North America. The last couple of years with MSFS the library has exponentially grown into many more files for different countries clearance, ground, tower, approach, departure, and centre files.

I've already started to convert some of them from mp4 to wav but as I say ... the size of the wav files are so much bigger than the mp3 files and that's why I'm asking if you will consider changing the format just to save hard drive space? And of course to save the time of doing all these conversions?
Regards
Terblanche Jordaan
FACT