News:

Sign your posts with full name as per the forum rules, set your profile signature!

Main Menu

Vectors at Destination Airport

Started by musky2018, 25 August, 2022, 13:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musky2018

Can I ask how PRO-ATC SR handles vectoring at destination airport? For me, this is a major requirement, and I certainly did not think the previous version was anywhere near adequate when it came to radar vectors.

I don't think I am wrong when I say that in most cases approaching aircraft will be vectored when the destination airport has radar control. Yes, if it's quiet the aircraft may be allowed to just fly the STAR to the FAF, but in most cases it will be vectored.

Also is there anywhere I can download the manual for PRO-ATC SR, so I can better understand what it does and does not do

Regards

Mark Iannarelli

JJ737

Quote from: musky2018 on 25 August, 2022, 13:22:11 PM
For me, this is a major requirement, ...

I totally agree with that. For me it's that part of an ATC addon which brings the most immersion. You must be flexible enough to counter with whatever the controller may instruct. The more imponderable the vectoring is the better.

Quote from: musky2018 on 25 August, 2022, 13:22:11 PM
I don't think I am wrong when I say that in most cases approaching aircraft will be vectored when the destination airport has radar control. Y

And you are absolutely right here - at any international Airport with heavy traffic it's the standard.
Hajo Horst