News:

LOGS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS!

Main Menu

Mr. Boutabba: sca:::: and :::::

Started by Rasta_Dude, 05 September, 2021, 03:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasta_Dude

Hello,

is there any news from the ::::::: Mr. Boutabba? Propably not. There are still big issues which aren't fixed yet (after more than 5 years after first release)

Mr. Boutabba is :::::::::::::::::::: who still takes money for a software which isn't working correctly and never was. This man is such a r:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: euro for his ::::::: piece of software. And it seems even the Admins in this forum hear nothing from this man. Shame on this dude, :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Now it is easy for me to understand why it is so difficult or impossible to contact this person directly online.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: his software still has so many bugs and he announces a MSFS version anyway.  ;D

What if I'd say I want my whole money back??
Adrian Goehringer

jwyman

Most likely you will not get a refund.. The time period most likely has elapsed......
Jim Wyman
Prepar3d V 4.5, FTX/ORBX Base/Vector/LCs, AS For P3D V4.5, PRO ATC-X, REX Sky Force 3D, GSX2

jwyman

This software is an incredible asset to the flight sim community. Are there bugs....Yes... But so does every piece of software ever written... Having very few individuals assisting in writing this software it makes it hard to develop, support, maintain,etc...

Insulting and condemning people for things you want does no one any good. It just adds frustration to an already difficult situation...
Jim Wyman
Prepar3d V 4.5, FTX/ORBX Base/Vector/LCs, AS For P3D V4.5, PRO ATC-X, REX Sky Force 3D, GSX2

Rasta_Dude

Interestings, that my post first got approved and than striked.

@ jwyman
About what difficult situation talking you exactly?
I only see a "developer" (not really having developer skills but that's another story) who still takes the same amount of money since release for his software which gets updates mabe every 2-3 years and never engaged any conversation here in the forum (does he even have an log-in for this forum??). Sometimes we hear something from the mods here but nothing really helpful. It would be so nice for every user of PATCX when we at least get one post about whats coming up and on what he's working at the moment, but to me it seems that Mr. Boutabba isn't interested in any kind of conversation or giving information, therfore more and more I get the impression that this man is only interested in making a good amount of money and doing almost nothing for it.

Everytime I wonder so much why people in the flight sim community still defending these scammers, doesn't matter if it's Pointsoftware, Lockheed Martin or anybody else.
Nobody is able to release a software which is tested in every single function anymore, so that we as users of the final released product get for what we paid for --> a finished software which works and do what it should.

It is fully ok and understandable if something is not going well even after release and things remain to be fixed, but it is simply not ok if you never caring about your community and doing nothing about those issues.
I can show you a lot of posts only here in the forum where people don't have the interest anymore and are simply disappointed and annoyed because they bought a product which is not further developed, even it has still big issues to work basically. And that's not all: another problem is that even it goes for a few years now that Mr. Boutabba is neglecting everything around it he still has the impudence to announce a completely different and new product ::) ???

Finally try to start discuss and arguing with me and don't always defend someone or a product who/which isn't worth it, because it doesn't matter for him, it is only the money which does.

For example: Mr. Boutabba released v1.9.2.8 a few months ago and we have bugs in this version which I've never seen before.. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE, WHAT IS THIS MAN DOING?!
A lot of users report and ask about the "too early descending"-problem and even mods write that they have no contact with the developer and have to wait till' they hear something from him. WHY?! And when are you hearing something: in 2 weeks / months / years / centurys? What is the goal of working and offering support like this?!

But in the end I wouldn't feel that save for Mr. Boutabba. There are still legal ways to get my money back and get him in front of a judge in a court room. I'm thinking of doing this maybe because he stole a lot of money from people who were expecting something for that but, in the end, got nothing only empty promises over and over again.

You always have arguements for defending and keeping away the angry customers from you, but have you ever thought about the people who are simply not fine with this and paid for a product which is simply unfinished?! Probably not and that's the real shame here and not how I behave!

If somebody asks me: this product is completely dead and there's nothing more to expect from it except empty promises from the developer.
Adrian Goehringer

ATCPROMINE

I understand that people are upset about the program news update.

I have been using the program for many years now and am very happy the way it works for me in P3D5.

Mr Moutaba was in a serious car accident and does not seem to have recouperated from that.

The developers are trying their best to keep the program going.

This site is NOT A SCAM. It is ligit.

John

Rasta_Dude

As I've already said in another thread: when someone had a serious accident than please take your time to recover, that's more important than anything else. But if you know about your bad condition it is simply no excuse to still announce and promise things which will never happen. Even if you know it you can't make such promises to your community.

I personally suffer from strong chronic pain and people around me know this, but that doesn't mean that I make permanent empty promises and caring about nothing - life goes on and when you know you can't do a job anymore than leave it or take some help from other ones but don't talk nonsense all the time. There is nothing to discuss about this point: when I'm telling there is something coming than I deliver - simple as that!

Simply you can't "win" in this discussion because everyone who is aware about the situation knows that I'm right. There is no excuse, sorry
Adrian Goehringer

jwyman

If you truly believe this product is dead, then leave.... But you don't.. You just troll and try to cause dissent among other users here.

This is not about "winning" arguments.. You have the facts, deal with it like a grown man....
Jim Wyman

Rasta_Dude

OK Jim, than I expect from you that whenever you buying something new in your life, doesn't matter what, you mustn't moan on anything about this product, even when the complete A/C is broken when buying a new car or something like that.

Your "arguments" and excuses are as hilarious than nothing what I've seen in my life. We all spent money on this product and that is all you have to say?! Nice man.
Adrian Goehringer

Bernie

Hi Jim,

Quotethen leave.... But you don't..

Exactly why should he? Adrain, like many others, paid in full for a sub-par product and I also have voiced my displeasure at this.
A forum is about end users discussing a common product and this also includes being allowed to discuss support ( in this case, total lack of from the author ) for said product.

QuoteYou just troll and try to cause dissent among other users here.

I suspect that Adrain does not need to do this because as far as I can see Mourad Boutabba does not require any assistance in that regard.
He manages just fine on his own in causing "dissent among others users here" and I would venture that such dissent is well founded .

Quotedeal with it like a grown man....

And what way would that be?
Just roll over and say nothing?
Would that suit? Is that what you do when you are mis-sold something?
After all it's only our hard earned cash we have parted with !!

As an aside, I would also think that if this forum wasn't so HEAVILY and I mean HEAVILY moderated ( to the point of strangulation ) then a lot more users may well be posting here on all sorts of matters pertaining to PATC/X which would probably also include outrage at the appalling lack of support from the developer.
Bernard Naughton

jwyman

Because we  all know what has happened and is transpiring at this point with the developer....

There gets to a point with individual developers that they can no longer support nor maintain a product.. that's life, for whatever reason.

Beating a dead horse does nothing......
Jim Wyman

Rasta_Dude

I have to admit that my kind of critics here is very offensive, yes, but still there is the fact that everyone paid for this product with his hard earned money, something you might not understand, Jim.
But I'm quite happy that I'm not alone with this opinion. Do you think it's good that Mr. Boutabba give always promises which make the situation even worse and hilarious at the same time?

Also I have to say, that Jim claims I've insulted someone, but that's not true! In my opinion and according to my country laws 'thief' and 'scammer' are no insults if you want to have a discussion about those things.
Further in this case it is simply a fact, because what Mr. Boutabba does is at least partially the defintion of those words. If you can't handle the truth about it than please leave.
And as I said already: if someone is in bad condition - no problem, but than please STOP with your empty promises and keep the realism of the situation.

Censoring a post with harsh critics about someting shows the truth about this forum and company. I still don't understand how admins and Mr. Boutabba can be proud of this whole thing here. Look into your forums and you'll see there are so many people which simply haven't patience anymore for this kind of "masterpiece".
Adrian Goehringer

jwyman

I literally fly everyday with Pro ATC-X... Are there issues... Yes.... Did i pay full price many years ago...

Would i like to see more updates and fixes come out sooner.. Sure, we all do...BUT....

Maybe a little bit more research by some before buying ANY piece of software would be in their best interests....

I'm having fun!  8)
Jim Wyman

Rasta_Dude

Quote from: jwyman on 14 September, 2021, 23:09:10 PM
Maybe a little bit more research by some before buying ANY piece of software would be in their best interests....
I do research before I buy ANYthing, so in this case too.

If people think long enough they can find excuses for everything. I'd laugh about it if it wasn't that sad...
Adrian Goehringer

jwyman

The developer is under NO obligations to provide any updates/enhancements/etc. beyond the initial product item unless otherwise indicated in the Terms Of Usage for the software...

That said, We have received updates in the past but due to the limited numbers of developers on the software itself and personal issues affecting any further development.

Still having
fun.... ;D
Jim Wyman

greycap

The annoying thing here is that the latest update has made minor improvements but created more significant problems that weren't there before. 

The most notable for me are that

1) THroughout the flight, the PNF no longer relies to ATC 100% of the time
2) Dialogue is missing from TOD to landing, meaning missed messages can ruin the descent

It's one thing to have bugs, it's another to introduce them in an update.