News:

Check the FAQ for known issues before posting!

Main Menu

Extra Voice Sets for Download by MaVe

Started by MaVe64, 03 April, 2016, 14:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greycap

Quote from: MaVe64 on 01 July, 2016, 20:43:11 PM
Quote from: greycap on 01 July, 2016, 16:24:06 PM
I suspect it doesn't, but can I ask whether this addresses the rather hit or miss recognition by ProATC of airline callsigns?

Yep, 754 callsigns in these voice packs now.

Can I ask how this works on in outline then?

The default ATC (as perhaps modified by EditVoicepack) reads the atc_airline= statement in the aircraft.cfg file.  If there's an minor error e.g. atc_airline=Easy Jet instead of atc_airline=EasyJet, then the lookup fails and ATC can't speak the callsign.

I'm assuming somewhere there's a similar arrangement in ProATC and if I'm not hearing callsigns, it may be because some of the atc_airline= statements on my system aren't what ProATC is looking for.

Is there somewhere I can look them up?

MaVe64

Quote from: greycap on 02 July, 2016, 11:54:44 AM

Well, the original voice files only contain a few call signs. You can look them up in the sound folders of each pilot/controller. You can recognize them by they start with "al_". The name of the wav file should be the same as the callsign in the aircraft.cfg. If there is a space in the name, like Air Berlin, PATC looks up "al_airberlin.wav".

Marcel
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!
www.mavecreations.weebly.com

MaVe64

Marcel Verheydt

greycap

Quote from: MaVe64 on 03 July, 2016, 10:23:39 AM
Quote from: greycap on 02 July, 2016, 11:54:44 AM

Well, the original voice files only contain a few call signs. You can look them up in the sound folders of each pilot/controller. You can recognize them by they start with "al_". The name of the wav file should be the same as the callsign in the aircraft.cfg. If there is a space in the name, like Air Berlin, PATC looks up "al_airberlin.wav".

Marcel

Ah I see.  So the voicepacks now being loaded are the best place to start, in a far as they are the most recent and complete and make sure my aircraft.cfg files align with the filenames in the voicepacks.

I fly for Virtual Norwegian and I can see the old voice packs have a "Norwegian" call sign, which was never right, whereas the new ones have "Norshuttle" (NAX) and "Norstar" (IBK), which are correct.

Thanks for your help.

chibcha74

How do you download the new voices? (i requested access via the google drive request - is that correct?)
Harold Cubillos

vadriver

yes .... it will look like the attached & you may need to hover in the red to see the download click !!

[attachment deleted by admin]
cheers
john martin

nam1394

Naif Almazroa

MaVe64

Quote from: MaVe64 on 02 July, 2016, 10:08:47 AM
Quote from: Nuothe11th on 02 July, 2016, 09:22:01 AM
MaVe - Just sent you a filepack for US use! From Brian.  Hopefully it's usable because I did put my own static in the background for added effect.  Hopefully a few more US people will join the project because I can't stand hearing "Decimal" and "Control" (instead of Center) when within the US!  (At least I don't hear QNH which apparently used to be a problem)

I hope the added static won't give me problems. And this way you won't have a clean set for use as your own pilot.
My voice sets won't help with the "decimal" and "control" sounding in the US. That is something the developer will have to change. Both "decimal" and "point" should be spoken in, because a US pilot will use "decimal" when flying in Europe. Hope you spoke in both types.

Marcel

Brian,
I can't use your set if you are changing the script yourself. Even though you may only fly in the US, the European words should be spoken in too. So 'decimal', 'control'. Also 'Continental' should be spoken in also, as some people may use it. All the words in the script should be present, and if you want the proper pronunciation this should be asked to the developer so the program picks the right words according to location.

By the way, I think 'Ready for takeoff' isn't right too. Shouldn't this be 'Ready for departure'? Anyone?

Marcel

edit 08 July:

I just discovered you didn't use my record tool. Totally unusable for me.
Marcel Verheydt

chibcha74

Thank you for the quick response!
Harold Cubillos

MaVe64

Hey guys, I found some timing issues in Bob's Voice Set.
Things like 'eighty........six'. Also some numbers/letters were unnatural short (tutu instead of two..two).
So here's a patch. Just copy these files over the existing ones in '\sound\pilots\US\Bob' and '\sound\controllers\US\Bob'.

Won't happen next time  :-[

Marcel

[attachment deleted by admin]
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe64

Marcel Verheydt

greycap

I have the 4 voicesets published so far and they make a big improvement to ProATC-X and to FSX itself.  Thanks for your efforts so far.

I have however found a problem which will affect a small mumber of people, of whom I'm one.  I fly for the Virtual Norwegian VA.  The realworld airline has recently restructured into two operating units: Norwegian Air Shuttle (ICAO NAX, callsign NorShuttle) and recently Norwegian Air International (ICAO IBK, callsign NorTrans) and this is reflected in the VA's flight numbers.

The NorTrans callsign IS in the voice packs but the code IBK ISN'T available in in the New Flightplan part of ProATC-X, so neither pilots or controllers will ever say it even though it's in the voicepacks.

This will be the same for any airlines using ICAO codes which have changed or been created recently or for any airlines which were omitted when ProATC-X was first put together.

I can't see where ProATC-X gets its airline list from.  NorTrans Is in my FSX airlines.cfg file, so it doesn't appear that has anything to do with it.  Any idea how this can be put right? 

vadriver

Quote from: greycap on 02 August, 2016, 17:24:05 PM
The NorTrans callsign IS in the voice packs but the code IBK ISN'T available in in the New Flightplan part of ProATC-X, so neither pilots or controllers will ever say it even though it's in the voicepacks.

unfortunately as best I know it, a user cannot add to the airline database used in the flight planner.

i'm hoping such a feature is being added in the "imminent" update, given there are many like you who fly "other" airlines ... new / old / resurrected (eg Eastern) ones. it would alternatively be okay if the planner could link with your aircraft.cfg.

remember, this issue is confined to your plane / controller comms ... ai pilot / ai controller comms using the correct callsigns are okay (though UT2 users need a small tweak to hear them).
cheers
john martin

MaVe64

Hi guys,

I'm on vacation in Austria at the moment, so there's kind of a stand-still now. Seeing the development team updating stuff will hopefully give me more energy to do the work.
@greycap: As for the callsign in the planner, check out the file 'al.txt' in the '\PRO-ATC-X\data' folder. My guess is if you edit that and add the new airline there it will work.
So add IBK#NORTRANS# to al.txt and try it.
The callsign 'Nortrans' is already in my voice sets, note to self, good job!.  ;)
Marcel Verheydt

greycap

That doesn't contain enough information: New Flightplan requires you to select the airline by reference to the airline name (i.e. Norwegian Air International) or its country of registration (Eire in this case, low taxes attract airlines!).

I have tried adding that line and it doesn't work in New Flightplan although it may do something for AI traffic.  Does that not pick up the callsign from the aircraft.cfg though?

At present I'm using an old version of the Nor Shuttle AI fleet.  None of these have their new Irish registrations or the Nortrans callsign.   There is however a new one on Juergen Baumbusch's website containing 95 liveries split between the two companies.  I'll update that and see if I get the Nortrans callsign.

Thanks for you help.