News:

LOGS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS!

Main Menu

makernwys error

Started by couger, 09 February, 2023, 05:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

couger

I have installed SR  and it asks me to align scenery.  when i press read scenery to run makernwys first it comes up with error:   "Cannot write Runways.txt file!  is it open in an editor?"  Why am i getting this and how to fix.

Regards

Tim Wood

P3D v5.1FTX Global/vector- Fly Tampa Sydney-Orbx YMML,YBCS,YBBN,ymav,ylil-GSX level2-PMDG QOTS11/NGXu-PATCX-chaseplane-activeskyP3d-
i7 7820x @ 4.5Ghz-swiftech240 aio water cooler GTX1080 32G 3200Mhz   CH Flight yoke/throttle/rudder pedals

couger

I have fixed the error.  for anyone that has his problem you need to run navigraph to update the airac for SR  then makernwys will work.  [or the read scernery button]
Regards

Tim Wood

P3D v5.1FTX Global/vector- Fly Tampa Sydney-Orbx YMML,YBCS,YBBN,ymav,ylil-GSX level2-PMDG QOTS11/NGXu-PATCX-chaseplane-activeskyP3d-
i7 7820x @ 4.5Ghz-swiftech240 aio water cooler GTX1080 32G 3200Mhz   CH Flight yoke/throttle/rudder pedals

couger

Quote from: couger on 09 February, 2023, 05:13:33 AMI have fixed the error.  for anyone that has his problem you need to run navigraph to update the airac for SR  then makernwys will work.  [or the read scernery button]

So problem is back.  i think it was set to mfs 2020 when i ran it last time.  Also can someone tell me how i set it to read the active sky weather.  there is no options to set a path for AS. 

Also a note that every time i go into options it has gone back to MSFS2020 and I have to select P3D again.  this is not good as I shouldnt have to check this every time I want to check settings or something and can cause alot of problems without realizing it, making it hard to troubleshoot any issues.  this should be changed in future updates to always stay on what was selected.

thanks
Regards

Tim Wood

Bernie

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately you are just one of many that are finding some ( there are many ) of the bugs in this software.
Nothing you can do re. SW not saving settings.
Support has been non-exitant from the dev. even though a big update/bug fix was promised last August.

The option for accessing weather from active sky has been removed which can cause all sorts of problems. For one, if you use historic weather Pro ATC knows nothing about it. A bad move IMHO to have removed that option!

Bernard Naughton