News:

LOGS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS!

Main Menu

AI Controller v2 Beta

Started by Steve, 02 December, 2016, 17:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Simbol

Stephen,

How does this version interact with PRO-ATC? my understanding from the AI Controller developer is that it removes the AI control from FSX and unfortunately this implies that any third party ATC software will be unable to see the AI since it is keep in it own environment bubble (inside of AI controller) as a result many ATC utilities just ignore the AI traffic since it cannot be aware of it.

With version 1.4 I noticed that any AI traffic being vectored for taxi or to land by AI controller will not be heard by PRO-ATC, now that version 2 controls all aspect of the flight for all the AI environment, it could mean that PRO-ATC will not give any traffic advisory whatsoever to the end user, unless of course PRO-ATC developers implemented something to allow this to happen, is this the case?

Regards,
R. Morales

Raul Morales

Cubsatl

I am playing around with it now and have been unable to hear any kind of ATC, FSX, PROATC or even tried Radar Contact on ground frequency at YSSY. The most I got was Radar Contact approving a start=up but after that nothing.

To be clear I am using Ultimate traffic 2, have asked Roland if that matters.

Paul Goodman
Paul Goodman
KATL

Simbol

That is exactly what I thought would happen.

Regards
R. Morales
Raul Morales

Kuragiman

Well one of the problems with AI Controller that I had, even without any extra things installed, is that you HAVE to turn off ATC Chatter or else it will drive you insane because the ATC AI is constantly telling each plane what to do and they are responding so the ATC chatter never stops.  It is constant.   This is one of the reasons I just can't use this program, as much as I love what it does.   I want to hear the planes talking and you just can't when this add-on is active and doing it's thing.   Basically, AI Controller micro-manages each AI's flight and because of the way the simulator is programmed those micro instructions are being issued verbally.   If the dev could find a way to make the AI plane and ATC only talk ever so often then I'd be a happy pilot.
Brian Navy
CEO Solaris Air Virtual

vadriver

brian

your notes are about default fsx AI comms or PATC's ?

cheers
john martin

greycap

The developer has said the following in the Avsim forum:

You won't hear stock ATC from an AI after AI Controller takes it over.  That's one area I'm looking into...teaming up with an addon ATC program to make them "aware" of the AI (and to also issue commands to the AI, e.g., "descend and maintain....). 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498931-ai-controller-20-gate-to-gate-control-open-beta/

For anyone that doesn't know, AI Controller is a great freeware tool which makes AI Traffic follow airways rather then flying point to point and also makes it follow SIDS and STARS.

Can I ask whether ProATC-X can link up to make sure the two programs work together?

greycap

For those that are interested, the developer of AIController has recently posted this on Avsim:

It's likely to be PF3 as that's pretty much the only ATC programme that creates full ATC chatter only from the AI. So the more AI you have the more chatter. And it will be in regional accents. There have been some apparent issues with some ATC exchanges not being heard with regard to AI Controller. But PF3's developer has been in touch so await developments.

Simbol

Quote from: greycap on 07 December, 2016, 09:58:49 AM
For those that are interested, the developer of AIController has recently posted this on Avsim:

It's likely to be PF3 as that's pretty much the only ATC programme that creates full ATC chatter only from the AI. So the more AI you have the more chatter. And it will be in regional accents. There have been some apparent issues with some ATC exchanges not being heard with regard to AI Controller. But PF3's developer has been in touch so await developments.

Mike,

Your information is incorrect, the person that replayed to my question on Avsim was vololiberista (who is a beta tester for PF3) and not the developer of AI Controler (Roland).

I am still waiting to see if Roland is willing to disclose such information.

Regards,
Raul Morales
Raul Morales

greycap

Ah my mistake.  Slightly muddy waters then.

Kuragiman

Quote from: vadriver on 03 December, 2016, 23:00:24 PM
brian

your notes are about default fsx AI comms or PATC's ?

This was with default ATC in P3D.   This was on version 1.4 of AI Controller.   Hopefully 2.0 doesn't do this.
Brian Navy
CEO Solaris Air Virtual

vadriver

brian

thanks ... it seems AI comms in P3D default (stock) atc are different to PATC's in fsx when using AIC.

i guess one needs to wait until AIC's developer follows thru with his plans ... as mentioned in mike's reply #6 above.
cheers
john martin

Simbol

As it stands AI 2.0 with FSX & FSX-SE will keep on its own reality bubble all AI, this prevents any ATC tool (including stock ATC) from reporting any traffic to the end user.

So for me is a no-no application since it removes the realism and interaction from the ATC with any AI on my environment.

Until this is addressed I am staying away from this tool despite of how cool it might be.

Regards,
Raul Morales
Raul Morales

greycap

Same here - although I've been using the old version of AI Controller for a long time with no problems that I've noticed.

The big advantage of V2.0 is intended to be that it works outside the flight sim itself so that you can improve performance by running it on different cores to those used by the sim.  I don't know how big the gain is supposed to be but losing AI ATC is too big a penalty.

Another thing it apparently does though is to manage AI aircraft to avoid conflicts with the user aircraft, both in the air (which it's always done) and now on the ground as well.  It concerns me slightly that we could end up with several add-ons trying to do the same thing with unpredictable consequences.

greycap

This was posted on the AI Controller thread on Avsim last Saturday:

What is at issue is how all of the ATC programs, including ProATC-X,  can be made to work with AI Controller 2.0, hence my question.

Yes, there is some stuff happening regarding this.  The most immediate action I'm taking will be to add an output option that replicates FSX/P3D traffic manager so that the traffic states of AI under control of my program can be determined in a standard way by any 3rd party program that wants to read it.

Things are happening at that end.