News:

Sign your posts with full name as per the forum rules, set your profile signature!

Main Menu

Extra Voice Sets for Download by MaVe

Started by MaVe64, 03 April, 2016, 14:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaVe64

Yeah, I don't have a controller voice, I know  :P
John sounds great, I agree. That's what I hope and my goal is to have all the different accents in PATC, so the developer can modify the program with the same principle the ATC chatter sounds uses, so you can select the different accents according to location. Lets all keep on hoping this will happen!
Thanks for your feedback!
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!
www.mavecreations.weebly.com

bobsk8

Quote from: ankh21 on 22 May, 2016, 16:29:34 PM
Hey Marcel,

i really like the sounds. Your voice sounds a little bit artificial, but as you mentioned it is still in progress. The other voice set really sounds like a controller, having his microphone positioned half in his mouth, on a friday afternoon, sounds great and really vivid. Sometimes it's a little bit strange to hear that kind of accent flying in Europe, but perhaps with a lot of Sound Sets you would ne able to select a representative number of Pilots and controllers depending the area you are flying in..
So, i hope, your project becomes bigger and bigger :)

But since there is no easy way to control the volume between  ATC voices , they all have to be about the same volume. If one is much softer or louder than the others, users just won't use that voice.
Bob Cardone

shanestrong

They sound great from my prospective I run a live atc feed and listen to them all the time, no voice is at the same level or completely clear all the time, I think with you getting many voice sets in you will have a variety  maybe add some static sounds to the mix. only with true digital comm's do you get very clear voices and you don't see that in the aircraft industry. check out any of the liveatc.net feeds.  We run digital comm's at my workplace and they cut off and scramble easily I preferred when we where on our old system maybe run them through a audio program to put max level but i wouldn't put them all at the same level would be to computery if that makes sense. even add some mic clicks or background noise.  But I would take anything at the moment better then nothing at all.
looking forward to recording some voices.
Shane Strong

ankh21

Yes Bob,

you are right. But i think Marcel is aware of the sound level and will improve quality, so i think it's an interesting project we should support.
Regards,
Matthias Peppmüller

FSX Acc. (DX10 mode), FSGRW, PRO-ATC, DX10 SceneryFixer and some more
Prepar3d, AS16 and PRO-ATC of course :-)

bobsk8

Quote from: shanestrong on 22 May, 2016, 22:06:10 PM
Shane

Please include your full name on forum posts.
Bob Cardone

shanestrong

its my user name shane strong
Shane Strong

bobsk8

Quote from: shanestrong on 23 May, 2016, 03:17:43 AM
its my user name shane strong
Shane Strong

That's fine. Should be below your post, as you have it now.. Thanks.
Bob Cardone

MaVe64

Quote from: shanestrong on 22 May, 2016, 22:06:10 PM
They sound great from my prospective I run a live atc feed and listen to them all the time, no voice is at the same level or completely clear all the time, I think with you getting many voice sets in you will have a variety  maybe add some static sounds to the mix. only with true digital comm's do you get very clear voices and you don't see that in the aircraft industry. check out any of the liveatc.net feeds.  We run digital comm's at my workplace and they cut off and scramble easily I preferred when we where on our old system maybe run them through a audio program to put max level but i wouldn't put them all at the same level would be to computery if that makes sense. even add some mic clicks or background noise.  But I would take anything at the moment better then nothing at all.
looking forward to recording some voices.
Shane Strong

Shane I agree with you. All sounds at the same level would be too computery. It would be nice to have clicks and static, but that's something that should be mixed in by the program, if I put it in, then it would always be in the same place. That's what I really like about the stock ATC, if you listen close you can hear the controller has other controllers in the background chatting, and the pilot has engine sound! Love that level of detail.
PF3 has an option to choose normal or distorted voices, so the user can choose. Or at least a clickable option to hear clicks and static would be great.
What wouldn't be too hard to build in is (hope dev is listening  :D):
- A mic click (squelch) at the end of every transmission.
- The respons time of the calls is very short. This makes it very computery too. Most realistic would be a random time, so you never know when it's coming.
- 'Heavy' call after a heavy aircraft's callsign. I made this part of the vocabulary now.

And yes, I will make the sounds a bit louder, but not to the level it starts clipping, like some of the original sounds.
Marcel Verheydt

bobsk8

Most aircraft Comm radios have AVC ( automatic volume  control)  circuits which work rather well, so large variations in volume do not occur. I flew for many years in real life, and don't ever remember having to strain to hear a controller or have to play with the volume knob while flying. 
Bob Cardone

Sidney Schwartz

I just now found this thread. Where are you on being able to accept voice sets? A while back you said we had to wait for a new version of the recording program. Is that still the case, or can I go ahead and record a set?

Sidney Schwartz
FSX:SE, ProATC-X, ASN, Navigraph
Majestic Dash-8 Q400, QW BAe 146, Wilco Ebraer 170

MaVe64

Quote from: Sidney Schwartz on 24 May, 2016, 03:36:17 AM
I just now found this thread. Where are you on being able to accept voice sets? A while back you said we had to wait for a new version of the recording program. Is that still the case, or can I go ahead and record a set?

I'm waiting to receive 1 beta test voice set, which I will make available after editing. After that the link to the Sound Rec Tool wil be in this thread. So keep an eye on this thread!
Marcel Verheydt

Sidney Schwartz

OK.

I downloaded John's voice set. How do I install it?
Sidney Schwartz

vadriver

Sidney

these files are a standard pc installation .... unzip & then copy sound folder to PATC\sound, open PATC options & select pilot or controller use.
cheers
john martin

Sidney Schwartz

John's voice set sounds good to me. The volume is a bit lower than the others, but it's in the acceptable range. Having some variation adds to the realism.
Sidney Schwartz

Paulwarren86

Sounds good to me. All new voices adds that bit more realism. Thanks for the time and effort taken to make.
Paul Warren