News:

Check the FAQ for known issues before posting!

Main Menu

Extra Voice Sets for Download by MaVe

Started by MaVe64, 03 April, 2016, 14:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarkko

Quote from: MaVe64 on 19 May, 2016, 08:33:38 AM
Apparently the dev doesn't want to have the best ATC addon on the market.

And with that comment, my interest in this external voice project is gone.
Regards
Jarkko Puustinen

bobsk8

Quote from: Jarkko on 19 May, 2016, 12:13:51 PM

I think the developer wants to make major improvements in the updates, and rather than issue a bunch of patches every few months, that may still not be perfect, he waits until it is working very well. I don't think snippy remarks help the process.
Bob Cardone

MaVe64

Quote from: Jarkko on 19 May, 2016, 12:13:51 PM

Why are you so touchy about this? It's not like I'm accusing you of something. Why would your interest be gone with that remark, my remarks don't have anything to do with you willing to have more voices or not!  I only want the best for this add-on. Maybe it would be nice if the costumers had some insight in what's coming, we're all left in the dark here. I still don't have any help from the dev, he only says what I'm doing is planned anyway, without all the callsigns.
I am the one with a lot more reason to say 'my interest in this voice project is gone!', not you!
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!
www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Ceram

What representatives at Pro ATC-X has to understand is that the software is payware. Not freeware! You are a company, not any user at the forum. You have a responsibility.
We are customers that all paid money for a product we expect working as announced.
The attitude with being upset or rejecting for customers having opinions is not acceptable and not professional!

And of course it's better to have a quick fix now instead of waiting for the "once a year update"! I'm using the program today. Will I use it tomorrow? Maybe not, if something better shows up at the market.

But at least you got your money...
Jan Bergwall
FSX-SE, Active Sky N, PFPX, Aivlasoft EFB, Orbx global, Orbx Vector, Orbx EuroLC, and much much more... plus PATCX.

Jarkko

What we all need to understand is that the forum is run by ProATC users for the ProATC users.

Neither the forum moderators nor beta testers get any financial benefits for volunteering their time for the project. All the pay they get, is the good feeling that you get when you have helped another simmer.

They also spend countless of hours testing new versions and bug reports. On average, a single bug report takes around 4-6h to test. First flight to reproduce the bug takes 2-3h. Then another 2-3h to test the implemented fix. Once again, they are doing it without pay, just so that other users will have more enjoyable experience in the future.

With all that said, is it too much to ask to display respect towards other people by not using rude comments?

You might have seen me as a ProATC representative, but all the four years I have been here, all I have been is another ProATC user. Like I posted yesterday, this has now changed, and I'm no longer part of the beta team and my moderator status will be removed at some point. All this time, I've been speaking as a user to another user. Not as a seller to a customer. Hopefully this will be more clear in the future.
Regards
Jarkko Puustinen

MaVe64

Quote from: Jarkko on 20 May, 2016, 09:41:56 AM

They also spend countless of hours testing new versions and bug reports. On average, a single bug report takes around 4-6h to test. First flight to reproduce the bug takes 2-3h. Then another 2-3h to test the implemented fix. Once again, they are doing it without pay, just so that other users will have more enjoyable experience in the future.

With all that said, is it too much to ask to display respect towards other people by not using rude comments?

The work beta testers do is great, don't get me wrong, but my remark wasn't towards the testers, it's towards the policy of pointsoft. You shouldn't take this remark personal. I know ATC ad-on devs that even bring updates out on christmas day. That's the other opposite, but at least they show how commited they are!
As I said, I only want the best for ProATC/X but waiting a year for a small fix is something that will make costumers look elsewhere. I am willing to do anything I can for ProATC, free of cost, for the community. A little help from the dev would at least be nice.
Marcel Verheydt

vadriver

Quote from: Jarkko on 20 May, 2016, 09:41:56 AM
What we all need to understand is that the forum is run by ProATC users for the ProATC users.

so it's an unofficial forum linked to the pointsoft website ???
cheers
john martin

MaVe64

The first voice set is available now for download and testing. You can try it, and tell me how you like it!

http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voices-for-proatcx.html
Marcel Verheydt

ankh21

Oh dear!

Please, guys...we had that kind of stuff already. And it has nearly been a suicide.

Perhaps it was a little bit invidious to quote a statement offending the moderators. And we have to state, that the moderators are very polite and patient!

Every user has accepted the forum rules, but every second sentence i read is: Please sign your post, please attach a log, although ever user should know he has to do so unasked. So i want to thank the moderators for their endless patience and their effort!

Of course i can understand, that we all want a real-as-it-gets ATC Software as soon as possible. But compared to other programs and to the first versions of Pro-ATC, we have a great tool already. Of course there are some bugs, but many posts i read refelct some kind of convenience! Oh, something's not working...why searching the forum, why using my brain, we can simply ask and expect a 24/7 support.

So, before this situation gets out of control...calm down. I think. overall we can have great flights with PRO-ATC. And perhaps everyone should ask the question first: what can i do to support this software?! Perhaps i cannot do much, but i can try to be polite and grateful, so the moderators and beta-testers can spend more time in testing. So the next release will be sooner.
And now i will test the new controller and pilot voices! Keep on going, all of you, but respect each other, please. We are a community.

Matthias
Regards,
Matthias Peppmüller

FSX Acc. (DX10 mode), FSGRW, PRO-ATC, DX10 SceneryFixer and some more
Prepar3d, AS16 and PRO-ATC of course :-)

MaVe64

Quote from: ankh21 on 20 May, 2016, 20:04:15 PM

And now i will test the new controller and pilot voices! Keep on going, all of you, but respect each other, please. We are a community.

Matthias

Hope you like the (1) voice. My own voice (marcel) is just a try-out, not officially a voice, it has some flaws, and the callsigns are not complete.

Have fun!
Marcel Verheydt

bobsk8

Quote from: MaVe64 on 20 May, 2016, 23:27:58 PM

Hope you like the (1) voice. My own voice (marcel) is just a try-out, not officially a voice, it has some flaws, and the callsigns are not complete.

Have fun!

I downloaded and installed. The volume level of your voice is much lower than the other PATC voices. If you can find some kind of level meter, and play some of the other voices, note the level, then record your voice at the same volume, that should fix that issue.
Bob Cardone

MaVe64

Quote from: bobsk8 on 21 May, 2016, 01:41:22 AM
I downloaded and installed. The volume level of your voice is much lower than the other PATC voices. If you can find some kind of level meter, and play some of the other voices, note the level, then record your voice at the same volume, that should fix that issue.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mean only the nl-marcel voice? In that case no problem, cause that voice will be re-done anyway. As long as the AU-John voice is ok, because that's the level I will use for the future voices.
Marcel Verheydt

bobsk8

Quote from: MaVe64 on 21 May, 2016, 08:00:46 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mean only the nl-marcel voice? In that case no problem, cause that voice will be re-done anyway. As long as the AU-John voice is ok, because that's the level I will use for the future voices.

It is the AU John voice that is low.
Bob Cardone

MaVe64

Quote from: bobsk8 on 21 May, 2016, 15:59:40 PM
Quote from: MaVe64 on 21 May, 2016, 08:00:46 AM

It is the AU John voice that is low.

Okay, just checked, yes it's a bit softer, but I must add that most of the original voices are very loud, they are even clipping (exceeding the maximum possible level, distorting) because of this. I wil make the next voices louder, but don't forget, eventually the original voices wil not be used anymore because they are incomplete and use wrong callsigns.
And, as last remark, in the real world the volumes of the different transmitters are not all the same volume either.  ;)
Marcel Verheydt

ankh21

Hey Marcel,

i really like the sounds. Your voice sounds a little bit artificial, but as you mentioned it is still in progress. The other voice set really sounds like a controller, having his microphone positioned half in his mouth, on a friday afternoon, sounds great and really vivid. Sometimes it's a little bit strange to hear that kind of accent flying in Europe, but perhaps with a lot of Sound Sets you would ne able to select a representative number of Pilots and controllers depending the area you are flying in..
So, i hope, your project becomes bigger and bigger :)

Regards,
Matthias Peppmüller

FSX Acc. (DX10 mode), FSGRW, PRO-ATC, DX10 SceneryFixer and some more
Prepar3d, AS16 and PRO-ATC of course :-)