News:

Sign your posts with full name as per the forum rules, set your profile signature!

Main Menu

Extra Voice Sets for Download by MaVe

Started by MaVe64, 03 April, 2016, 14:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaVe64

Quote from: Pete Dowson on 16 June, 2016, 01:32:24 AM
Quote from: MaVe64 on 15 June, 2016, 19:03:37 PM
You edit the wav files to voice packs too?

No, sorry, I thought he was offering a ready-to-use pack.

Pete

Almost, I'm writing the manual, about to release the recording tool. After that new packs will be available (as long as I have the time and energy  ::)).
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!
www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Hightower

I dont mind donating my voice. Just let me know when you want it recorded.

Its Canadian (non French Canadian)  Whatever that amounts to.

Dave Seminchuk

MaVe64

Okay...... it's now or never!

The Tool can be downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6dhj0l6aadoj55/VoiceRec%20Tool%20MaVe.zip?dl=0

!! Before use, please read the "READ FIRST.pdf" !!

The whole recording process takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. But remember, don't rush, take your time, and let's do our best to get this just right!

Cheers!
Marcel Verheydt

bobsk8

Quote from: MaVe64 on 23 June, 2016, 15:38:04 PM

The Tool can be downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/f812d720wlcw20h/VoiceRec%20Tool%20MaVe.zip?dl=0

The whole recording process takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. But remember, don't rush, take your time, and let's do our best to get this just right!

Cheers!

Finished mine today and sending it to you now.
Bob Cardone

MaVe64

Quote from: bobsk8 on 24 June, 2016, 18:57:30 PM
Quote from: MaVe64 on 23 June, 2016, 15:38:04 PM

The Tool can be downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/f812d720wlcw20h/VoiceRec%20Tool%20MaVe.zip?dl=0

Cheers!

Finished mine today and sending it to you now.

Help not so fast!  :P I received it, Bob. People please don't forget to send with comment: name and country.
Marcel Verheydt

bobsk8

Quote from: MaVe64 on 24 June, 2016, 20:33:23 PM

Help not so fast!  :P I received it, Bob. People please don't forget to send with comment: name and country.

Sent you a PM on the forum.
Bob Cardone

vadriver

bob

a small favour for marcel .... can you check with the developer if "bankok" is what PATC expects or should it be corrected.

marcel has the correct oakland. 
cheers
john martin

CajunRon

Quote from: MaVe64 on 20 May, 2016, 14:05:12 PM
The first voice set is available now for download and testing. You can try it, and tell me how you like it!

http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voices-for-proatcx.html

The only instructions that I found on how to test the voice pack is on the linked url.   It states "Just unzip the voice pack to your PRO-ATC-X\ folder and off you go!".  The download is a folder of *.wav files.  Voice packs in ProATC are *.zlb files.  Since I am totally new to this topic...having just discovered it's existence, I need more instruction on how to go from a folder of *.wav files to a *.zlb file.   Is there any available?
Ronnie Pertuit

vadriver

Quote from: vadriver on 25 May, 2016, 00:51:28 AM
Sidney

these files are a standard pc installation .... unzip & then copy sound folder to PATC\sound, open PATC options & select pilot or controller use.
cheers
john martin

greycap

I'm use ProATC on all my flights and look at Avsim most days.

This has passed me by until now however.  I haven't tried it yet but well done to all concerned for the effort anyway! 

I also use Fs2Crew with voice recognition so I've long wanted to record my own voice as a pilot to make the whole thing seamless.

I suspect it doesn't, but can I ask whether this addresses the rather hit or miss recognition by ProATC of airline callsigns?

MaVe64

Quote from: CajunRon on 01 July, 2016, 00:40:27 AM
Quote from: MaVe64 on 20 May, 2016, 14:05:12 PM
The first voice set is available now for download and testing. You can try it, and tell me how you like it!

http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voices-for-proatcx.html
Voice packs in ProATC are *.zlb files. 

Huh  ???, voice set are all .wav on my PC. Can't find .zlb anywhere.
Marcel Verheydt

MaVe64

Quote from: greycap on 01 July, 2016, 16:24:06 PM
I suspect it doesn't, but can I ask whether this addresses the rather hit or miss recognition by ProATC of airline callsigns?

Yep, 754 callsigns in these voice packs now.
Marcel Verheydt

CajunRon

Quote from: MaVe64 on 01 July, 2016, 20:41:05 PM

Huh  ???, voice set are all .wav on my PC. Can't find .zlb anywhere.

Here are the instructions at the bottom of the download section of this site where the additional voice sets can be downloaded.

"To import a new voice set select in PRO-ATC/X "Data/Import/New Voice Set" then select the downloaded file. In case of a copilot voice don't forget to activate it in "options/Sound"."  (I think the .zlb file is created by ProATC's own voice set recording tool which is also available to download)  So I downloaded the .zlb files and followed these instructions to install them.

I wasn't aware that you could just download the wav files directly and not have to go through the official "import" process.  I'll give it a try.
Ronnie Pertuit

Nuothe11th

MaVe - Just sent you a filepack for US use! From Brian.  Hopefully it's usable because I did put my own static in the background for added effect.  Hopefully a few more US people will join the project because I can't stand hearing "Decimal" and "Control" (instead of Center) when within the US!  (At least I don't hear QNH which apparently used to be a problem)

MaVe64

Quote from: Nuothe11th on 02 July, 2016, 09:22:01 AM
MaVe - Just sent you a filepack for US use! From Brian.  Hopefully it's usable because I did put my own static in the background for added effect.  Hopefully a few more US people will join the project because I can't stand hearing "Decimal" and "Control" (instead of Center) when within the US!  (At least I don't hear QNH which apparently used to be a problem)

I hope the added static won't give me problems. And this way you won't have a clean set for use as your own pilot.
My voice sets won't help with the "decimal" and "control" sounding in the US. That is something the developer will have to change. Both "decimal" and "point" should be spoken in, because a US pilot will use "decimal" when flying in Europe. Hope you spoke in both types.

Marcel
Marcel Verheydt